If you've landed on this blog by mistake, please follow this link:


www.NorthDakota.PreppersNetwork.com

Please update your bookmarks and the links on your sites.



Join our forum at:


Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Interview with a Pioneer

My name is George Smith ( known as Texas George to my friends) and I thought this might be a good post for a way to find honey in the wild. I have been living in the deserts of Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas all my life and have been an Instructor in desert survival for many years as well. I was shown a good technique for getting honey in the wild and this is how it works:

Take a glass jar and collect about 15 honey bee’s and put holes in the top for the bee‘s to breathe, cover the jar with a cloth and let the bee’s settle down. Once this has been done take the cloth off and all of the bee’s should be collected on one side of the jar. Now just travel in the direction that the bee’s have gathered in the jar. This will take you to their hive where you can collect the honey from the wild hive.

Remember to go at night and hopefully when it is cold out so you don’t get stung. In the desert when it is at night and cold I have found many bee hives and have collected honey. This will work anywhere and in the woods I have found hives that I have gathered and transplanted into new hives so that I don’t have to look for them anymore.

Thanks,

Texas George



Quote:

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler.

Henry David Thoreau

Re-posted by: www.pioneerliving.net

No comments:

North Dakota Preppers Network Est. Jan 17, 2009 All contributed articles owned and protected by their respective authors and protected by their copyright. North Dakota Preppers Network is a trademark protected by American Preppers Network Inc. All rights reserved. No content or articles may be reproduced without explicit written permission.